BEATMAKER OF THE YEAR BEAT BATTLE RULES
HOW IT WORKS:
• Log on to www.beatmakersmarket.com
• Download the sample from this page by clicking “Download Here” or clicking “Enter our Challenges” on the home page.
• Upload your beat on www.beatmakersmarket.com by clicking “Join the Community” and filling out the form and clicking Upload when you are finished.
• The Beat maker Of The Year Beat battles are open to people living in South Africa, once you’ve been selected by the judges as a winner of our challenges you’re responsible for your own transport and accommodation to the Grand Finale
Here are the rules:
• One beat per person
– extra entries are allowed but must be labelled “Non-entry” in the track title.
– entries posted after the deadline must be labelled as ‘late entry’ in the track title.
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want.
• Allowed: outside drums and bass, vocal shots, cuts/scratches, fx like crackle etc.
own recorded and/or played vocals, instruments, synths.
• Not allowed: outside acapellas or added samples unless stated.
• Beats should be no longer than 3:30
• Beat must be DOPE!
• A panel of special guest and/or celebrity judges selects the winner and finalists. Judging Criteria includes: diverse production skills, creativity, originality, sound quality and complying with rules.